Would you rather add years to your life or life to your years? For many, that answer is simple, yet following it can be difficult. By now, we know that a good diet is key to being healthy. With health and fitness fads becoming increasingly more popular, it’s sometimes confusing trying to choose which foods are the best. However, research suggests that incorporating certain anti-aging foods may give you the extra boost that you need.
Here are five universal foods to consider:
- Beans. Rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and plant polyphenols, beans have protective benefits, especially for your heart.
- Nuts. Research suggests that nuts may be tiny packages of healthy goodness. High in monounsaturated fat, which helps lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
- Chocolate. Flavonoids in chocolate improve blood vessel function, which can lower blood pressure and clotting. Dark chocolate has more flavonoids and less sugar than milk chocolate.
- Whole Grains. When it comes to anti-aging foods, whole grains are among the best. They are proven to reduce your risk of cancer, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, obesity, infectious disease, and respiratory problems.
- Fish. Fatty fish is high in inflammation-fighting omega-3 fatty acids, which may help protect the heart and brain.
Many of these anti-aging foods are incorporated into menu options at Shell Point. Visit any of our six restaurants, which are open to the public, to enjoy a delicious, healthy meal. Plan your next dining outing at Shell Point at: http://www.shellpoint.org/dining.