While the use of essential oils dates back thousands of years, this aromatic skincare treatment has recently gained popularity in both mainstream beauty routines and medical settings. At the Shell Point Salon & Spa, essential oils are incorporated into facials and skincare services to rehydrate and restore the skin.
Essential oils, when used topically, have many benefits. Here are just a few examples:
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil: This oil can aide in smoothing skin and fading scars.
- Rose Essential Oil: Rose oil assists with healing skin, refining skin texture and tone.
- Frankincense Essential Oil: As a natural toner, frankincense decreases the appearance of pores, protects existing skin cells, and encourages new cell growth.
- Lavender Essential Oil: The scent of lavender is proven to have a relaxing effect, and the essential oil is used to regenerate skin cells, and reduce the appearance of scars or blemishes.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Ylang ylang oil smoothes fine lines and improves skin elasticity, and gives off a rich, floral fragrance
Just remember: Essential oils in their pure, undiluted form might cause adverse reactions if not properly diluted. Therefore, most essential oils must be combined with a carrier oil, such as coconut, olive oil, or cocoa butter, when used. Testing for a negative reaction by spreading the oil on a small area of skin, like the inner forearm, is recommended prior to widespread application.
Would you like to give essential oils a try? The Shell Point Salon & Spa, which is open to the general public, provides soothing skincare services that feature dōTERRA essential oils. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (239) 489-8400 or visit http://www.shellpoint.org/salon.