A recent consumer survey by the American Massage Therapy Association found that approximately 9 million people over the age of 55 had a collective total of 39 million massages in the previous 12 months. The primary reason they received massage was for medical purposes. Why? Because studies have shown the therapeutic benefits of massage to be far-reaching and long-lasting… Increased quality of life and relief from a multitude of health issues.
Here are 18 reasons why Shell Point residents have decided to give the therapeutic benefits of massage a try.
- Manage low back pain.
- Help fibromyalgia pain.
- Reduce muscle tension.
- Enhance exercise performance.
- Relieve stress and reduce anxiety.
- Relieve tension and migraine headaches.
- Sleep better.
- Ease symptoms of depression.
- Improve cardiovascular health.
- Reduce pain of arthritis.
- Improve balance.
- Promote relaxation.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Help chronic neck pain.
- Increase range of motion.
- Boost immunity.
- Temper effects of dementia.
- Aid in recovery from illness or injury.
Interested in incorporating massage into your regular healthcare regimen? Call Shell Point Salon & Spa at (239) 489-8400 to make an appointment with a trained professional.