Lineup to feature monthly performances November
FORT MYERS, Fla. (Oct. 4, 2019) – Shell
Point Retirement Community has announced its 2019-2020 Fine and Performing Arts
Series, which brings a variety of local and international performers to Shell
Point’s campus in four distinct series: Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Concerts
and Conversations, and Southwest Florida Symphony. Events
are open to the public, with tickets available starting Oct. 15 online at www.shellpoint.org/concerts
or by phone at 239-454-2067.
“The 17th season of the Shell Point Fine and Performing
Arts Series is filled with an impressive array of talented artists and dynamic
performances,” said Laura Slack, director of resident life at Shell Point
Retirement Community. “With three distinct musical series, along with the
skills of resident artists and artisans, this season offers something for
The Fine Arts Series
highlights the artistry of Shell Point resident artists and artisans with two
annual shows, held during the 2019-2020 season. These free shows will showcase
the creative work of many talented residents and ranges from photography and
painting to three-dimensional sculptures and intricate quilts.
- Shell Point Artists and Artisans Holiday Bazaar –
Friday, Nov. 1 and Saturday, Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Village
Church on The Island at Shell Point.
- 2020 Two-Dimensional Art Show and Sale – Friday, March
20 and Saturday, March 21 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Coastal Commons at
The Performing Arts Series
features five concerts including some of Broadway’s most well-known hits,
classical pieces from an award-winning ensemble and a big band musical
performance from a group of internationally celebrated musicians. Concerts in
this series will be held in The Village Church Auditorium on The Island at
Shell Point and include:
- The Four Italian Tenors – Monday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m.
- Sail On: The Beach Boys Tribute – Thursday, Jan. 16 at
- Embraceable You: The Music of George Gershwin –
Thursday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m.
- The Queen’s Cartoonists – Thursday, March 5 at 7 p.m.
- Florida Gulf Coast University Wind Orchestra –
Thursday, March 19 at 7 p.m.
Individual tickets for the Performing Arts Series cost
$40 with the exception of the FGCU Wind Orchestra concert, which costs $15.
Advance ticket packages are also available, providing savings up to $35.
Five Concerts & Conversations Series
events will take place in the Grand Cypress Room at The Woodlands at Shell
Point, which allows for an intimate, chamber-style performance, followed by
refreshments and the opportunity to meet the performers. The Concerts &
Conversations Series includes performances by:
- Chamber Music with a Twist – Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m.
- Duo Beaux Arts – Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m.
- Peter & Will Anderson Jazz Trio – Thursday, Jan. 2
at 7 p.m.
- Penning & Langford – Wednesday, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.
- Peter Bergin, Ragtime Pianist – Wednesday, March 25 at
Individual tickets for the Concerts and Conversation
Series cost $30. Advance ticket packages are also available, providing savings
up to $20.
Shell Point is pleased to partner
with the Southwest Florida Symphony to present three performances in the Southwest
Florida Symphony Series. Tickets for this series range from $25 to
- Holiday Pops Concert: Christmas in Paradise – Friday,
Dec. 13 at 7 p.m.
- Stradi-Various – Thursday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
- Transfigured Night – Thursday, April 2 at 7 p.m.
To make a reservation, contact the
concert box office at 239-454-2067, or buy online at www.shellpoint.org/concerts.
Tickets will be held for pick-up at will call on the night of the performance.