FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – LINK TO PHOTOS
Fall lineup to feature monthly performances November through April
FORT MYERS, Fla. (Oct. 16, 2018) – Shell Point Retirement Community has announced its 2018-2019 Fine and Performing Arts Series, which brings a variety of local and international performers to Shell Point’s campus in four distinct musical series: Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Concerts and Conversations, and Southwest Florida Symphony. Events are open to the public, with tickets available online at www.shellpoint.org/concerts or by phone at 239-454-2067.
“The 16th season of the Shell Point Fine and Performing Arts Series is filled with an impressive array of talented artists and dynamic performances,” said Laura Slack, director of resident life at Shell Point Retirement Community. “With three distinct musical series, along with skills of resident artists and artisans, this season offers something for everyone.”
The Fine Arts series highlights the artistry of Shell Point resident artists and artisans with three annual shows held during the 2018-2019 season. These free shows will showcase the creative work of many talented residents, and ranges from photography and painting to three-dimensional sculptures and intricate quilts.
- Shell Point Artists and Artisans Holiday Bazaar – Friday, Nov. 2 and & Saturday, Nov. 3 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Village Church on The Island at Shell Point.
- Shell Point Artists and Artisans Spring Fling – Friday, Feb. 8 and Saturday, Feb. 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Woodlands Commons at The Woodlands at Shell Point.
- 2019 Shell Point Quilt Show – Saturday, March 2 at 10 a.m., Sunday, March 3 at noon, and Monday, March 4 at 10 a.m. in the Grand Cypress Room at The Woodlands at Shell Point.
The Performing Arts series features five concerts, with performances including some of Broadway’s most well-known hits, classical pieces from an award-winning ensemble and a big band musical performance from a group of internationally celebrated musicians. Concerts in this series will be held in The Village Church Auditorium on The Island at Shell Point. This year’s performances include:
- The Golden Years of Broadway – Thursday, Nov. 15 at 7 p.m.
- Memphis Motown Soul Experience – Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m.
- Vienna Boys Choir – Tuesday, 26 at 7 p.m.
- Benny Goodman: When Swing Was King – Thursday, March 14 at 7 p.m.
- Siberian Virtuosi – Thursday, April 4 at 7 p.m.
Individual tickets for the Performing Arts series cost $40. Advance ticket packages are also available by musical series and provide savings up to $35.
Five Concerts and Conversations events will take place in the Grand Cypress Room at The Woodlands at Shell Point, which allow for an intimate, chamber-style performance, followed by refreshments and the opportunity to meet the performers. The Concerts and Conversations series includes performances by:
- David Crohan, Pianist – Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m.
- Peter Fancovic, Pianist – Thursday, Jan. 24 at 7 p.m.
- Con Brio Quartet, Strings – Wednesday, 13 at 7 p.m.
- Sanibel Trio – Thursday, March 7 at 7 p.m.
- Chrysalis Chamber Players – Tuesday, April 16 at 7 p.m.
Individual tickets for the Concerts and Conversation Series cost $30. Advance ticket packages are also available by musical series, and provide savings up to $20.
Shell Point is pleased to partner with the Southwest Florida Symphony to present three performances in the 2018-2019 Shell Point Fine and Performing Arts Series. Tickets for this series range from $25 to $35.
- Tradition, Comfort and Joy – Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m.
- Appalachian Spring – Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m.
- Back-to-Back Bach – Thursday, March 21 at 7 p.m.
To reserve tickets for any of the 2018-2019 Shell Point Fine and Performing Arts Series events, or to purchase advance ticket packages, contact the concert box office at 239-454-2067, or visit www.shellpoint.org/concerts. Tickets will be held for pick-up at will call on the night of the performance.
About Shell Point Retirement Community
Shell Point Retirement Community, founded in 1968, is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community located in Fort Myers, Florida. Shell Point offers independent retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing for its 2,400 residents in an active, resort-style environment. Lifestyle amenities include deep-water boating access with free dockage, a championship 18-hole golf course, and other recreational and educational activities. To learn more, visit www.shellpoint.org or call 1-800-780-1131.
# # #