FORT MYERS, Fla. (September 20, 2017) – Shell Point Retirement Community is pleased to announce the lineup of performances and activities in store for its 2017-2018 Concert Series, beginning early November. Events are open to the public, with tickets available online at www.shellpoint.org/concerts or by phone at 239-454-2067.
Segmented into four distinct musical programs: Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Concerts and Conversations, and Southwest Florida Symphony, the 2017-2018 Concert Series will bring a variety of local and international performers to the Shell Point campus.
The Fine Arts program includes two events that feature one-of-a-kind items or artwork presented by the talented residents of Shell Point:
- Holiday Artist and Artisan Bazaar – Friday, Nov. 3 and Saturday, Nov. 4, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 2018 Shell Point Art Show and Sale – Friday, Feb. 16 and Saturday, Feb. 17, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 18, from noon to 3 p.m.
- The Performing Arts program introduces a variety of talent-filled musical ensembles to the Village Church Auditorium. This year’s performances include:
- All Is Calm – Thursday, Dec. 7, at 7:30 p.m.
- Glenn Miller Orchestra – Thursday, Jan. 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Barrage 8 – Friday, Feb. 9, at 7:30 p.m.
- The StepCrew – Thursday, March 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- My Sinatra, Starring Cary Hoffman – Tuesday, April 17, at 7:30 p.m.