Exercise has always been a way to keep off those extra pounds, but did you know exercise can do more than help you lose weight? Here are some benefits from exercising on a regular basis.
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Strengthened bones and muscles
- Improved mental health and mood
- Improved ability to engage in daily activities and prevent falls for older adults
Daily exercise doesn’t have to be boring. Shell Point has miles of pedestrian pathways that provide the perfect fitness opportunity, as well as a beautiful setting for scenic walks past wetland preserves, ponds, lakes, and the Caloosahatchee River. Or, participate in Shell Point’s health and wellness classes that are open to the public. When available to Southwest Florida residents, senior fitness classes and other LifeQuest offerings are listed online at www.shellpoint.org/events.