Years of wear and tear can be hard on your feet, so be kind to them! Take steps to practice good foot care with these few, simple suggestions:
- Wash feet daily. Use warm, soapy water, but do not soak as this will destroy the skin’s natural oils.
- Dry feet well. Be sure to dry especially between the toes, which is where fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, can develop.
- Moisturize and file. If your feet are dry, moisturize the entire foot except between the toes. Remove dry skin and calluses with a pumice stone or foot file. But don’t overdo it, or skin will grow back harder than before.
- Cut toenails carefully. Cut toenails straight across to avoid ingrown toenails.
- Shop for shoes in the afternoon. Your feet swell as the day goes on. If the shoe fits well when your feet are at their largest, you can be assured that the shoe will always be comfortable. Select a shoe with plenty of room for your toes.
If you want to pamper your feet, call the Shell Point Salon & Spa today at (239) 489-8400 to schedule an appointment for a pedicure. Services are offered by professional staff in a tropical, relaxing setting.