By Robyn Church, Manager, Shell Point Salon & Spa
Do you have dark circles or puffiness around your eyes? There is more you can do than splashing cool water on your face or grabbing your concealer. Try these tips to brighten your baby blues or bodacious browns:
1) Get enough sleep. Sleep not only helps keep eyes bright; it aides your body in repairing cell damage to your skin, working to heal while you sleeping.
2) Avoid alcohol and caffeine. They dehydrate the skin and make dark circles more obvious.
3) Consider skin lighteners. Creams containing vitamins C, E, and K are effective as well as Retinol. The Biolight line of facials by Repechage is very effective – and available at the Island Salon & Spa.
4) Use a concealer one shade lighter than your foundation.
5) Use sunscreen daily with an SPF of 15 or higher.
6) Drink enough water. Staying well hydrated can help prevent puffy eyes.
7) Limit salt. Retaining body fluid can cause puffy, doughy looking skin. Reduce processed foods in your diet.
8) Use cool compresses. Find depuffing power in chilled, moist green tea bags or Repechage Eye Rescue Pads for 10-15 minutes.
9) Be gentle with the delicate skin around the eyes. Pat eye creams into place. Heavy rubbing can stretch thin, fragile skin.
10) The most effective eye brightening tip is the easiest to implement: Smile!
The Salon & Spa on the Island at Shell Point Retirement Community is open to the general public. The friendly and professional staff offers a variety of services, including hair care, manicures and pedicures, massage, skin care, makeup application, and more. All new customers will receive a 20% discount for use during their first visit. Just mention or print this blog page and bring it with you. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (239) 454-8400 or visit http://www.shellpoint.org/salon