Tickets are on sale for the 2016-2017 Season of Praise Concert Series, an annual series of sacred music and inspirational worship celebrations offered by The Village Church at Shell Point.
Six performances in the 2016-2017 Season of Praise Concert Series bring a variety of singers, solo and instrumental ensembles, bells, orchestra, and choirs, and even a brass band to The Village Church at Shell Point. The artist roster and dates are as follows:
- Fort Myers Symphonic Mastersingers – Sunday, Nov. 13, at 6:15 p.m. The Fort Myers Symphonic Mastersingers and the debut of the City of Palms Youth Choir will present a festive celebration of sacred songs.
- A Christmas Celebration – Sunday, Dec. 11, at 6:15 p.m. This festive program by The Village Church choir, accompanied by the Celebration Ringers and the Southwest Florida Festival Orchestra, will weave Hal Hopson’s classic arrangements into a service of lessons and carols that celebrates the joy of the season.
- Tim Zimmerman & The King’s Brass – Sunday, Jan. 8, at 6:15 p.m. The King’s Brass blends three trumpets, three trombones, a tuba, percussion, and keyboards for this performance that will highlight classic hymn arrangements with a contemporary flair.
- Ballet Magnificat’s Deliver Us – Thursday, Feb. 2, at 7:15 p.m. The art of dance and drama will take the stage as Ballet Magnificat delivers a riveting story about Moses and the enslaved Jewish people’s cry for deliverance – a vivid prophetic picture pointing to the Easter story and God’s love for all people.
- Of Wardrobes and Rings – Sunday, March 12, at 6:15 p.m. This dramatic presentation spends an evening with C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien at Oxford’s historic Eagle and Child pub for a visit tempered by thawing humor, confession, and reconciliation.
- Easter Celebration with Stuart Neill – Sunday, April 16, at 6:15 p.m. Internationally acclaimed tenor soloist Stuart Neill will sing classic hymns, sacred arias, and art songs during this Easter evening concert celebration.
All concerts take place in The Village Auditorium, 15100 Shell Point Boulevard, Fort Myers. $10 non-refundable tickets are available for purchase online at www.shellpoint.org/seasonofpraise, or by calling the Village Church office at 239-454-2147.
The Village Church The Village Church is a ministry of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, and has served Shell Point residents and the Southwest Florida community since 1972. Located on The Island at Shell Point, the facility has the capacity to seat up to 1,000 people. The Village Church hosts roughly 200 community-wide events each year, including its signature Season of Praise concert series, and its auditorium welcomes a congregation of approximately 500 each Sunday at 10:15 a.m. The church office may be reached at 239-454-2147.
About Shell Point Retirement Community
Shell Point Retirement Community, founded in 1968, is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community located in Fort Myers, Florida. Shell Point offers independent retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care for its 2,400 residents in an active, resort-style environment. Lifestyle amenities include deep-water boating access with free dockage, a championship 18-hole golf course, and other recreational and educational activities. To learn more, visit www.shellpoint.org or call 1-800-780-1131.
« Return to main News and Stories page
For a full list of upcoming events visit the Events page of our website: ShellPoint.org Copyright 2016- © Shell Point Retirement Community. All rights reserved.