Shell Point Retirement Community has announced its 2016-2017 Concert Series, which brings a variety of local and international performers to Shell Point’s campus in three distinct musical series: Fine and Performing Arts, Concerts and Conversations, and the Southwest Florida Symphony.
Music enthusiasts are encouraged to buy tickets soon to benefit from advance ticket package savings, and before concerts sell out completely. “The 2016-2017 series is filled with many talented musicians who are renowned for their ability to convey uplifting messages through music and artistry. We hope to share memorable musical moments with Southwest Florida residents through these performances,” said Laura Slack, Shell Point director of Resident Life.
The Village Church, one of Shell Point’s two main concert venues, recently completed extensive acoustical and esthetic upgrades during the summer. “The addition of more than 100 linear feet of solid, natural wood, sound-diffuser panels greatly enhances the acoustics of the space and provides greater clarity of sound, resulting in a pleasing experience for concertgoers,” said Randy Woods, minister of worship and music at The Village Church.”
2016 – 2017 Performance Summary
The 2016 – 2017 season’s Fine and Performing Arts lineup brings high-energy, accomplished musical ensembles to the recently renovated Village Church Auditorium:
- The Four Freshmen – Saturday, Nov. 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Cantus – Tuesday, Dec. 6, at 7:30 p.m.
- American Portraits, Featuring Dallas Brass and Daniel Rodriguez – Thursday, Jan. 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- River City Brass – Thursday, Feb. 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Jive Aces – Monday, March 20, at 7:30 p.m.
- Bonus Concert: The Barbary Coast Dixieland Band – Tuesday, Feb. 28, at 7:30 p.m.
Concerts and Conversations offers classical music aficionados an opportunity to experience concerts in an intimate setting, followed by a dessert reception with the musicians after the performance:
- William and Beth Larsen, Flutists – Monday, Nov. 21, at 7 p.m.
- You Ju Lee, Classical Pianist – Thursday, Jan. 5, at 7 p.m.
- Fred Moyer Jazz Trio – Friday, Feb. 24, at 7 p.m.
- Danut Muresan, Violinist – Monday, April 3, at 7 p.m.
Shell Point is pleased to partner with the local Southwest Florida Symphony to present several performances that showcase the best of classical orchestral compositions:
- Holiday Pops: The Holidays in Paradise – Monday, Dec. 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Small-Stage Symphony Series: Gloria, with the FGCU Chamber Choir – Thursday, Feb. 9, at 7:30 p.m.
- Small-Stage Symphony Series: Concierto de Aranjuez – Thursday, March 9, at 7:30 p.m.
Individual tickets for the 2016-2017 Concert Series range from $15 to $35. Advance ticket packages are also available by musical series, and provide savings up to $50. Place your reservations today by contacting the concert box office at 239-454-2067, or buy online at www.shellpoint.org/concerts.
About Shell Point Retirement Community
Shell Point Retirement Community, founded in 1968, is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community located in Fort Myers, Florida. Shell Point offers independent retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care for its 2,400 residents in an active, resort-style environment. Lifestyle amenities include deep-water boating access with free dockage, a championship 18-hole golf course, and other recreational and educational activities. To learn more, visit www.shellpoint.org or call 1-800-780-1131.
« Return to main News and Stories page
For a full list of upcoming events visit the Events page of our website: ShellPoint.org Copyright 2016- © Shell Point Retirement Community. All rights reserved.