Shell Point Retirement Community has announced its 2015-2016 Concert Series, which brings a variety of local and international performers to Shell Point’s campus in three distinct musical series: Fine and Performing Arts, Concerts and Conversations, and the Southwest Florida Symphony.
“Once again, we are proud to present another exciting season of cultural excellence, featuring a wonderful array of talented performers guaranteed to please,” said Dawn Boren, Shell Point director of Resident Life.
This season’s Fine and Performing Arts lineup brings culturally expressive and talented musical and dance ensembles to the recently renovated Village Church Auditorium.
• National Dance Company of Siberia – Friday, Nov. 6 at 7:30 p.m.
• Duke Ellington Orchestra – Monday, Jan. 25 at 7:30 p.m.
• A Night at the Oscars: Hollywood Concert Orchestra – Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
• Chicago Brass Quintet – Monday, March 7 at 7:30 p.m.
• Broadway Pops International: The Music of Rodgers and Hammerstein – Tuesday, April 5 at 7:30 p.m.
• Bonus Concert: Barbary Coast Dixieland Band – Tuesday, March 1 at 7:30 p.m.
Concerts and Conversations offers classical music lovers an opportunity to experience concerts in an intimate setting and enjoy a dessert reception with the musicians following the performance.
• Gulfshore Trio – Monday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m.
• Ashu: Saxophonist – Saturday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m.
• Irrera Brothers Duo – Monday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m.
• DaPonte String Quartet – Monday, March 14 at 7 p.m.
Shell Point is pleased to partner with the Southwest Florida Symphony to present several performances that showcase the best of classical orchestral compositions.
• Holiday Pops – Monday, Dec. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
• Discovery Concert: Beethoven’s Eroica – Thursday, Jan. 14 at 7:30 p.m
• Symphonic Folklore: Mendelssohn, De Falla, and Copland – Thursday, Feb. 4 at 7:30 p.m.
Individual tickets for the 2015-2016 Concert Series range from $15 to $35. Series tickets are also available by musical series, and provide savings up to $50. Place your reservations today by contacting the concert box office at 239-454-2067, or at www.shellpoint.org/concerts.
About Shell Point Retirement Community
Shell Point Retirement Community, founded in 1968, is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community located in Fort Myers, Florida. Shell Point offers independent retirement living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care for its 2,400 residents in an active, resort-style environment. Lifestyle amenities include deep-water boating access with free boat dockage, a championship 18-hole golf course, and other recreational facilities. To learn more, visit www.shellpoint.org or call 1-800-780-1131.
« Return to main News and Stories page
For a full list of upcoming events visit the Events page of our website: ShellPoint.org