With singers, solo and ensemble instrumentalists, pianists, a brass band, an orchestra and choirs, The Village Church prepares for a musical kaleidoscope of inspirational experiences to highlight the 2013-2014 Season of Praise Concert Series.
“It is a joy for us to continue presenting guest artists who encourage and inspire us with the artistic expressions of their faith,” said Minister of Worship and Music Randy Woods. “As we continue to celebrate God’s goodness and rejoice in his kindness, The Village Church is privileged to share great inspirational music in its worship services and concert series. A listing of artists who have contributed to the church’s musical life would read much like a “who’s who” of great Christian artists.”
This exceptional 2013-2014 Season of Praise Concert Series will include:
- Two Tenors, Sunday, Nov. 3 at 6:15 p.m. Traditional classical singer Barry Craft duos with contemporary artist Jacob Taylor in an inspirational evening of sacred music.
- Christmas Celebration, Sunday, Dec. 8 at 6:15 p.m., with The Village Church Choir and Festival Orchestra. Featuring local symphony musicians, the concert includes a festival of carols and classics to celebrate the birthday of a King.
- Tim Zimmerman & The King’s Brass, Sunday, Jan. 12 at 6:15 p.m. Presenting hymn classics with a contemporary flair, The King’s Brass features three trumpets, three trombones, a tuba, percussion, and keyboards. These instruments blend together to create a time of innovative worship that will be enjoyed by all
- The Annie Moses Band, Sunday, Feb. 23 at 6:15 p.m. A family of Juilliard-trained musicians and award winning songwriters, The Annie Moses Band is leading an artistic renaissance through musical excellence, strength of family, and a message of faith.
- Wheaton College Concert Choir, Wednesday, March 12 at 7:15 p.m. Directed by Dr. John W. Trotter, and with the energy and zeal of youth, the Wheaton College Concert Choir will perform an exceptional concert of inspiring traditional, classical, and contemporary choral music.
- Ron and Gary Matthews, Sunday, March 16 at 6:15 p.m. In sacred and classical music, Ron & Gary Matthews are duo vocalists, pianists, organists, and trumpeters. With this combination of superlative talent, these brothers bring to every concert a rare and uplifting musical experience, and, more importantly, a rich spirit of worship.
- Duo-pianists Nielson & Young, Easter Sunday, April 20 at 6:15 p.m. Internationally acclaimed concert artists, Nielson and Young display a breadth of repertoire and performance venues virtually without comparison.
Tickets are $10 each. To purchase tickets online go to http://www.shellpoint.org/seasonofpraise. To receive additional information about the concert series, please call (239) 454-2147.
The Village Church at Shell Point is a ministry of the Christian and Missionary Alliance and serves a congregation of more than 600. The Village Church is located near the entrance to the Island at Shell Point and seats 1,000 people. Shell Point Retirement Community is a continuing care retirement community located in Fort Myers just off Summerlin Road, two miles before the Sanibel causeway. Shell Point is a nationally recognized leader in the retirement industry that offers retirement living in a resort-style environment with an 18-hole championship golf course, salons, restaurants, deep water boating access, and recreational and fitness facilities. To learn more about Shell Point Retirement Community, visit us at www.shellpoint.org or call 1-800-780-1131.
« Return to main News and Stories page
For a full list of upcoming events visit the Events page of our website: ShellPoint.org